This past Sunday, Horizon Pointe Church set it’s all time high attendance record, by having 185 people worship together. It takes unselfish people to grow a church. Over the past six years, I have witnessed determined people share a common passion to build up a church that is real. Not perfect, but real! Sunday was a great day to praise God and see His mighty hand at work around us. Since then, I have been thinking a lot about the number 185. After some research I found out:
- There are 31 cities in the U.S. with population of 185.
- Jack Dodson made his first appearance as “Howard Sprague” on the Andy Griffith (no relation) Show in episode 185.
- The St. Louis Cardinals Jesse Burkett hit a record 185 singles in 1899.
- 185 is the number given a supernova between the constellations Circinus and Centaurus.
- The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal ran for 185 miles.
- The Mistassini River in Quebec is 185 miles long.
- 185 is the difference between two numbers 21 squared and 16 squared.
- The episode “Time out for Lessons” was the 185th for the Our Gang show.
- John “The Duke” Wayne starred in 185 films.
In Leviticus 18:5, it says “ Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the LORD.”
These are exciting times for our church having the opportunity to see God work in cool ways as we strive to walk with Him. I have learned many lessons in starting a church from the ground up. Some have been through heartache, pain and weariness. However this journey has always been about God, and knowing that He is Lord of all. I am a better person because of HPC. The wonderful people who make up this church have made be better, and to that I am grateful. Please know, if you are looking for a place to worship there is always room for one more!
Pondering on the number 185 has been fun, but the one thing I know for certain about this digit is that it represents every precious soul who chose to worship at Horizon Pointe Church on Easter 2014. He is Risen, Indeed!